*Grated Cheddar Cheese
*toothpicks and paper to make sails
1. Lightly grease cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice each hotdog length-wise, almost cutting into two seperate pieces
3. Spread hotdogs flat on cookie sheet, flat (cut) side up.
4. Top with mashed potatoes (great way to use those leftovers.)
5. Sprinkle grated cheese on top
6. Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts
7. While baking, make sails by cutting triangles out of paper and taping to toothpicks
8. After baking, place one sail in each "boat" and serve with ketchup if desired.
*Note... I used cheesey garlic mashed potatoes so they melted over the sides, but it was still tasty. Try different kinds of potatoes. Also, be careful with the pointy toothpicks with young children.
My son loves these!!!