This was my FAVORITE as a kid!!!
- Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (in the tube that *pops* and scares you when you open it)
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce (or ready pizza sauce or plain spaghetti sauce)
- Dried spices (oregano, garlic powder, basil, or italian seasoning mix)
- Grated cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, etc.)
- Toppings of your choice
(ex: pepperoni, sliced black olives, pineapple chunks, lunch meat ham cut in small squares, green pepper strips, etc.)
1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Have children help roll out individual biscuits, with their hands, rolling pin, or a plastic cup, then place individual pizzas on the cookie sheet
3. Spoon tomato sauce (or other sauce) on each circle of biscuit dough
4. If using plain tomato sauce, sprinkle spices on top. (With young children, you'll want to do this part)
5. Let kids top their own pizza. They can make faces, designs, flowers, etc. with their toppings if they want to.
6. Bake in oven according to regular biscuit directions on package
This isn't a world famous tasty pizza recipe, but because kids can make it themselves and it's tiny just like them, they'll think it is amazing and will beg for more.
***Variations: use homemade biscuit dough, and divide into small balls for them to work with, or use english muffins.
***Tip: line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then lightly grease it. Makes for a super easy clean up after it bakes, especially if kids get messy with their ingredients.