Monday, January 23, 2012

MOMents

Angie, thanks for sending these...quite a while ago.....

*When my son was 3 he was really into learning his ABC's and numbers.  One day he was playing in his room, I was in my bedroom, and my husband was in the living room.  I heard him say, "B S T Y M..." and continue with a long list of letters.  Then after a short pause he called out, "Dad, is that how you spell TV?" 

*Another time at dinner he didn't want to eat, so I told him if he would just take 2 bites he could be finished.  He took the first bite and said, "One." Took another bite and said, "Two." Continued on and said, "Three."  Well, I wasn't about to stop him from eating his food if he was going to do it willingly, so I didn't say anything.  After he said, "Seven" he looked up at me, his chin started to quiver, his eyes filled with tears and he said, "Mom, I don't know how to count to two."  Both instances were so sweet and soooo funny. 
~Angie, mother of five

1 comment:

Katrina said...

What sweet stories! These are the moments that remind us that it's so worth it to be a mommy...