Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Wednesday's WORD & WONDER

A MOTHER'S LOVE AND SACRIFICE

If you didn't hear this story that emerged from the recent tornado outbreak in the east, I thought I'd post it here.  When I told my husband he actually suggested that I post it...so truly, the idea was his first.  This mother, Stephanie Decker, lost both her legs in the tornado but saved her two children ages 5 and 8.  They were unharmed.  I can't imagine the whole situation, but she was determined to protect her children and to not leave them without a mother. 
The love of a mother can do ANYTHING!

Indiana Mom loses legs saving kids from Tornado 
(This link is to KSL, a Utah based news station)

1 comment:

The Criddle Clan... said...

Wow, Amy! Thanks for sharing. You could have warned me that I may need a kleenex or two! What a strong mom!